Monday 23 June 2008

Cynthia Nixon - Nixon Slams Insensitive Press


LATEST: Actress CYNTHIA NIXON has criticised the media for recently alleging she underwent cosmetic surgery - because she actually had a breast cancer check-up.

The Sex and the City star was snapped entering a New York hospital earlier this month (Jun08) and had a "breast augmentation", according to the New York Post's gossip column Page Six.

But she insists her medical visit was for a completely different reason.

She tells the New York Daily News, "I was at St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital for my three-monthly checkup. I was in the Oncology department. I guess they (the press) think that means plastic surgery.

"We got a call from the Post (the paper that ran the story) asking if I'd had a breast augmentation, and my publicist laughed at them and said, 'No, of course not.' But they printed it anyway."

Nixon, 42, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006 and went public with the news in April (08) - but she still undergoes quarterly checks to make sure the disease has not returned.

She adds, "If I was going to get a boob job, wouldn't it make sense that I'd get it before Sex and the City (the movie)?"





See Also